The Sanctuary Golf Course was designed by the nationally acclaimed golf course architect Arthur Hills, who describes the course as “my island masterpiece” and the property as “elegant, exquisite, and rare.” Bordering the world-renowned J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, the course weaves and winds for 6,657 yards around nature preserves and lakes, providing panoramic views of the Pine Island Sound and mangrove forests. Golfers often encounter the wide variety of birds and wildlife that call Sanibel home.
Golf is a priority at The Sanctuary and the golf program and staff takes pride in offering unmatched service, impeccably facilitated tournaments, and a state of the art instructional program.
The program includes:
- Weekly Men’s and Women’s 18-Hole Events
- Weekly Women’s 9-Hole Events
- Weekly Instructional Clinics and Supervised Practice Sessions
- Multi-Day Golf Schools
- Monthly 18-Hole Couples’ Events
- Monthly 9-Hole Sunset Scrambles – one of our most “social” and popular formats
- A variety of other tournaments, both competitive and fun, such as our Club Championships and our Husband and Wife Championships
- A Women’s, Mixed, and two Men’s Member-Guest Invitationals, as well as Men’s and Women’s One-Day Guest days
- Kid’s Holiday Sports Camps
Golf World announced The Sanctuary’s beautiful Golf Shop “Top 25” for Residential Communities in 2011. The Sanctuary Golf Shop features a wide variety of men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel from companies such as Tommy Bahama, EP Pro, Fairway & Greene, Tail, and Garb. The Golf Shop carries a wide array of clubs and balls from the industry’s most recognized manufacturers, as well as many novelty and gift items.
Click Here to View Profile of Facts